We don't get too into April Fools jokes here...a few random ones for the kids. But we have recently acquired some friends who are big fans of tricks and jokes. They keep us laughing and life fun. Our current bishop at the time was preparing to move so we knew that the calling of the bishop was on the chopping block. While I believe Chad would do an incredible job at this challenging calling, we live in an older ward where many aren't willing or able to take on such big callings. We were slightly nervous and had asked the "what if" question several times. It was giving me some anxiety and it was my birthday weekend so we escaped one night for a date. It happened to be April 1st. We came home to this......
I fell out of the car laughing SO hard. I really almost peed I was laughing so hard. Chad didn't think it was as funny and went right over and snatched it off the lawn and put it away. I HAD to get some pictures so I ran back and grabbed it and put it back.
OH SAM! You stinker! You sure gave us (well me anyway) a good laugh. Moments later our current bishop (who lives right next door) pulled up with his wife and it gave them a good laugh too.
Thankfully another man who will be great for the job was chosen as bishop. And Chad, for now, is off the chopping block. Until next year Sam! Watch your back!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment