Thursday, May 12, 2016

Potty training and sick week!

Brielle is almost 2 1/2 and was showing some sign of being ready to potty train. I WAS NOT READY! As a mom I think it is one of the hardest things to do. And frustrating too! Mollie was a huge helper the first few days and helped her get to the potty several times. I approached it with the attitude that if she catches on, GREAT, but if not, Ill try again in Aug. We just have too much going on this summer. To my great surprise she caught on REALLY quick. She was pee trained in just a few days and loved going! Poop is another story. Today (5-12) She actually went poop for the first time because I caught her just in time and ran her to the potty. I hope that will help! 
Some days, this is how it goes.....

 The next week sickness hit our house HARD! It started with Brielle puking in the middle of the night one night but it never escalated into anything else, maybe a slight fever. 2 days later Rylee got it SO bad. She puked several times and I was almost ready to take her to the ER for fluids but she finally started keeping food down. It broke my heart to see her like this! (although I loved the cuddles!)

Then sunday we were woken up by carter saying that he was sweaty and had an upset stomach. Sure enough an hour later he was puking and puked all day long until evening. Then monday morning Mollie woke up with strep throat (for the second time in a month!) and she was miserable!

Everyone stayed home on monday to get better. Here are my little dwarves puky, pukey, snotty, and streppy. Rylee also cut 2 new canine teeth at this time and had snot going everywhere! It was an awful week to say the least. I think finally everyone is on the mend. Grandma Hymas even caught the flu from us while they were visiting. Luckily Chad and I never got it. Parents dont have time to be sick! Here's to healthier days ahead!!

No comments: