Here's what I'm most thankful for.....Clydes 9 cube butter mashed potatoes! Just kidding....it's Chad. :)
We set the kids table and got them their food.
Rylee got attached to Grandpa Clyde this trip and often climbed up by him and just sat there so still.
We left the day after Thanksgiving to Rupert so we could hit the big City Celebration at the rupert square where Santa comes and lights up the square and a big firework show follows. It's a memory I had as a kid and have always wanted to take my kiddos there. Here they are in front of Santa's house.
The cousins stayed warm all snug in their blankets. ....
And when it was time to travel we formed a big train. Keeping track of 9 kids in the dark was a little daunting!
Brielle got the best seat in the house for the light show and she even got a high five from Santa that she was so excited about!
Carter and Mollie lingered near Santa and just when I though he was going to walk right past them he turned, bent down and wrapped both of my kids in a big hug. It warmed my heart he took time for them and was trying to push through a big crowd. They were completely thrilled and I was so glad I snapped this photo.
The next morning we took off to a Teddy Bear fundraiser breakfast my moms friend was in charge of. We had a delicious breakfast, saw the festival of trees and the kids got to sit on Santas lap! The best part is that the line was so short and it was warm and inside!
Before we left all the kids were invited on stage to sing songs with Santa. They thought that was pretty cool and He was the jolliest Santa I've ever seen.
Later that day we spent preparing for our turkey dinner. Grandpa D showed up and once again Rylee crawled right up on his lap and sat so contently. He kept giggling and I think it made him happy.
Adam suggested having a pie contest so each family brought a pie they made.

Justin brought PIECAKEN! 3 pies baked into a cake. It was huge, rich and delicious.
Here's my peanut butter pie. It was pretty tasty!
The table set and ready for hungry bodies!
Oh the misery of being so stuffed!
All in all it was a happy weekend and we had a great time seeing family.
























No comments:
Post a Comment