Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Its December!

Christmas this year started in November! Even before Chad's birthday. We got a new 9 ft tree which I love but it was used and I knew it was going to take a lot of work to get done since many of the lights weren't working. So I got started early. I only got a few working but I sure enjoyed the tree every day that it was up. Love how it turned out! The kids quickly went to "work" playing santa clause and stuffing various toys under the tree. 
 Chad brought home a beautiful nativity from his mission and I haven't put it up for years. This year I found a perfect spot and the kids all sat around Chad one night while he told them about it. It was a precious moment for sure.
 December brought TONS of snow!  More than we usually see and we usually see quite a bit!  I was happy to see my eager son out there often willing to shovel anyone's sidewalk he could. He's getting to be a great helper! And me....while I stayed snuggled up in my warm home drinking hot cocoa and wearing my cute new christmas sweater.....who am I kidding?! I shoveled plenty of snow and taxi'd kids around through it all. I'm so glad we got new tires on the van this year!
 These two! They are becoming such great friends and I love to hear them giggling and see them playing together all own! Poor Ry fell asleep one day in her high chair during lunch. She was so sleepy and I think we found out she was sick after this. OH THE SICKNESS this winter has been awful! We've all had it. several times!

 One of the great things about Tooele is the winter parade! We go every year and the kids love it. We were lucky to have mild weather for it. Here's the kiddos waving to Santa! Ry didn't know quite what to think but she was glad to be out of the car and stroller!




 We were determined to fit in a Christmas party with friends before the season got too crazy and so on the 3rd we headed to the Lopez's house to party it up....or just do a lot of talking and play one game at the end. And here are the results of that game! Reindeer Antlers!

We are so glad we have these friends! They have made living here all the better. They make us better people and we have such a good time whenever we are all together!!

No comments: