It has been so fun being with Carter through scouting. If nothing else, seeing him progress has been very rewarding! At our end of summer pool party he earned his Weblos award. SO much goes into that and honestly, if it wasn't for his awesome leaders, I don't know if he would have made through!
I love that in scouting they honor the mothers. They know WHO does a lot of the work. And its been awesome having something to work on him with.Along with his Webelos, he earned his Arrow of Light! An award that signifies crossing over into Boy Scouts. Lola Clemens, his leader, made a really nice invitation. He made a Portuguese dessert to go along with his last project of learning about scouting in Brazil. Brigaderos are our new fav treat!! YUM!!
I put up a few decorations and made some arrow of light treats!
Tauna Vance did a nice ceremony and Chad and I got to paint his face with the colors of the scout values.
We are sure proud of this kid. He has really enjoyed scouting his whole time through. It has been so neat to watch him try new things and learn new things and become a leader of our den. We had a small group, but he kept it running well and was very responsible. We are grateful to all of his leaders who do so much and come prepared every week. Proud of you C-man!!








No comments:
Post a Comment