Can't believe this kid is turning 11!! We had a few surprises for him on his big day! He had been asking for an xbox one but we didn't want to give in. We finally did though. But we tricked him. I used an old xbox one box that we picked up at a yard sale. I wrapped the box and put a note in it that said GO LOOK DOWN STAIRS.
He ran downstairs and noticed right away that a new (to us) xbox one had been hooked up and was ready to play!
He was so stoked! I love his face!! The next surprise was his best bud showing up just in time for his laser tag birthday party! I had him answer the door when he knocked and he was so surprised and shocked!! We headed to the arcade to meet his friends and a few of them played in the arcade for a while.
Laser tag was up next! The teams were so unfair! It was our family against all of them! They of course won. I'm grateful for this good group of kids who my Carter has as his friends.
Jace was so sweet and used his own money to pay for Carter to go in the fun machine! They both did it and came out with some extra vouchers for tickets.
Back at the house we had pizza, cake, and presents.
They played silly games on the trampoline and had a nice time turning themselves into stinky boys.
Once it was dark, they played a bunch of night games. One of them was being a punk and almost ruined the night but I think they still had a bunch of fun! I loved playing night games as a kid!
On his real birthday he opened gifts from us.
And instead of cake he asked for brownie raspberry trifle! It was delish! We shared it with the Eash family.
I had been trying hard all week to get him a hair cut before his party but I didn't have luck. Finally I took him the college where he received a mediocre haircut. I wasn't really happy with it but atleast I could see his face!
We are always so proud of this kid and the good choices he makes. I'm so glad he came to our family first to be the best big brother to his 3 sisters. I'm glad he was my first born because he is patient with me as I navigate motherhood and making lots of mistakes with him. He has the most tender heart and sets goals and reaches them. Love you Carter man! May you have many happy years ahead of you! Always stay my mommas boy! <3 p="">3>

















No comments:
Post a Comment