Monday, March 2, 2020

13th Anniversary Idaho Getaway!

It's crazy that 13 years have passed since we were married! And I feel that our toughest years are behind us! Well I hope so. Marriage has just gotten sweeter, especially the last year or so. I think we've both grown and matured and worked on ourselves and our relationship more than we have before. I had been feeling a little discouraged with the lack of time we had for one another and when I threw out the idea of a country get away it was JUST what we both needed. 

We talked my parents into taking the kids for the weekend and they agreed. We booked a little barn place in Buhl Idaho called Little Red Barn on the River. It was out in the middle of NOWHERE and we were so excited to do absolutely nothing! We dropped the kids off in Rupert and headed on to Twin Falls for a lunch at my favorite place, Johnny Carinos! We got the family platter to share and to have leftovers for dinner later. Soo good!!
 We got to our little red barn and it was perfect!!! Mountains + river+solitude = heaven!!
The inside oft he home was just as charming! The kitchen was so cute and decorated in a cute country theme. I almost stole that Idaho sign on the wall!
 In the entry way there was a cute little map so you could mark where you came from.
 This sink in the bathroom was sooo amazing. I loved it! Saturday night when we got there we just relaxed and snacked on food and watched tv and enjoyed being together!

 Later we went to Miracle Hot springs for a soak in a private pool! It felt SO good and it was so hot! I had forgotten the sulfer smell that accompanies natural hot springs! It didn't bother me too much (except when I accidentally drank some at the house!) but Chad REALLY didn't like the smell. It seemed to cling to everything! If there was one down fall, it was the sulfer water!
 Enjoying our pasta AGAIN!
 All we really wanted to do was rest, play games, watch tv and snack! And that is just what we did! We slept in and even took a nap one day. I was in heaven getting to have all of Chad to myself and not have anything else or anyone else pull him away.
 Sunday morning Chad made me our favorite breakfast scramble!
 I took care of the cocoa....sulfer water cocoa....
 That afternoon we took a little hike to balanced rock. It truly is a sight to see! It is so amazing that the base is only 3 feet wide and i think it says 40 feet at the widest point. So crazy.
 The sun came out and it was pretty perfect weather fora  hike.

 We made it!
 I felt impressed to show off my balance act in such a place and Chad did too!!!


We hiked up and around the rock and found several little caves and crags. Nature is a amazing. We found a little graffiti telling us we were loved!


 The canyon to drive through to get there was so beautiful. There were no other rock formations around except for this little chunk.
 For dinner, Chad grilled us steak! We had some mashed potatoes and broccoli too. It was tasty.


 My contribution was chocolate dipped strawberries and some Martinelli's.
This weekend was just what we needed to remember to slow down and MAKE time for each other. Life is so super busy and callings, and sports and kids pull us all directions and its so important to make time for one another a priority - no matter what. I love that we have had such a happy and healthy relationship. Not many people get to experience the love of a supportive spouse and incredible father. Are we perfect? No! Do we have disagreements? YES! But I've learned that its what you do AFTER the disagreement that matters. Love is built on so many things and I'm glad I've found a man who can give me so many of those great qualities. Love ya Chad!

No comments: