I was SERIOUSLY needing to get out of the house. Away from the fear and anxiety and be in a virus free environment. As far as we knew, Butte Co. had zero cases. I needed to feel the peace I so often feel there. So off we went! As we made the turn onto the highway to Arco, we were greeted with this BEAUTIFUL sunset! I immediately felt the peace I'd been lacking. It was Easter weekend and it felt really weird not going to any egg hunts or being with family.
Upon arrival we were greeted with the cool, crisp, sagebrush smelling air. And also with a dishwasher full of moldy dishes! Chads parents didn't start the dishwasher when we left back in JAN! So I spent a few hours running that dishwasher and cleaning up the mess. EW!!! I was glad we found that mess before it got worse. The kids have also been feeling the tension of the world and I watched it melt away as they ran through the 'forest' and jumped on the tramp. It was cold but it didn't stop them. Saturday they woke up to full Easter baskets and then we spent the day playing, jumping, 4 wheeling and egg hunting.We also colored some eggs just for something to do.
I'm super grateful for this sanctuary we have to visit whenever we want. The only thing that would make it better is seeing the smiling faces of our grandparents when we walk in the house. We all felt better after this trip and ready to take on the hard things again.
On the way home we stopped at the Pocatello Temple to see its progress. Its coming right along! I sure miss temples right now! Carter has been wanting to get back, too to try to meet his goal of 100 names!
Until we meet again Moore, ID!















No comments:
Post a Comment