With the new dreary life we were living, I knew I wanted to give the kids some laughs (and me) on April Fools day! I planned several tricks throughout the day but some started the night before! We drew mustaches on the kids so they would wake up to a silly sight. Carter and Mollie both woke up for it but didn't stop us. Chad and I were laughing so hard we could barely contain ourselves!
I was hoping they would wear it a while before they noticed but they knew first thing! For the record I drew simple mustaches on the little girls...Chad is responsible for the beards on the bigs!
Other tricks included:
-Jellybeans in the ice maker
-blue food coloring on the faucet so the water would run blue which Rylee found and screamed
-a spider drawn on the toilet paper which also scared Rylee
-jello in cups with a straw to look like juice
-a pig nose cut out on the bottom of pink cups so they looked like pigs when they drank
-and the best 2 at the end of the night.....we were getting ready to read scriptures and i asked bri to turn on the lamp. I had taped a giant spider the inside of the shade. I think Carter screamed louder then Bri! Then at tooth brushing time I prepared Carter's toothbrush very carefully...with some more food coloring! His teeth turned blue!
Oh we had some good laughs! The kids even tricked me by switching the salt shaker with sugar! I didn't find it until the next day though when I put it on some chicken. The joke is on them though because THEY get to eat it!!







No comments:
Post a Comment