Thursday, July 30, 2020

New furnace & AC & Blessings!

Back in Jan when we were trying to decided if we could go to Washington or not I told Chad that if we didn't have any house emergencies we could probably do it ...hoping that we could not touch our savings and make this trip and our Myrtle Beach trip happen and not tank us financially!......

Enter Chad's car dying in May! $5000 gone! Thankfully Mr. Trump sent a stimulus check for $5000 and we were able to pay cash for our new car! Phew!
THEN a new truck engine at $5000! I wasn't quite sure where this was going to come from. We had already been talking about refinancing because rates were so low and we started the process to refinance our home and pull some cash from our equity. We maxed our $5000 credit card until we got the money. 

At this point, I'm thinking nothing else can break.....then one day our house just seemed hot! The temp kept rising while the AC was still pumping but it was not cooling the house off. We have known for years that our AC unit and furnace size didn't match the size we needed for our house.We knew some day we would have to swallow the $10,000 pill of replacing them but who has an extra $10,000 laying around? Not us. But we knew it was time. 

We contacted our bank and changed our refi number and pulled more to cover the cost of this upgrade! But with the original furnace we knew if we didn't do it on our watch, we would have to do it on someone elses. So we found a company and the next day we had a new furnace and AC unit! It took all day for the indoor temp to drop from 84 to 74 but it did get there and it felt lovely once it did! 

 While it would be easy to complain that everything is breaking, I feel extra blessed right now. Somehow we were guided to this refinance at the right time. We received money we needed for a new car the same month it died. Who could have picked a better time for our AC to give out than right before we finalized our numbers for our refinance. And whats even better is after we have pulled out a significant amount to cover these things, our house payment is still dropping. What a blessing!

To summarize, we were still able to go to Washington, and still have plenty of money for all of these extra big things! Such a miracle in my eyes! 


I know the Lord is in the details. He knows about dying cars and furnaces and AC units.  He knows when we need these trials and he knows how to help us go through them. I am in awe at how he cares for the little insignificant things ALL THE TIME! We have not lacked in blessings in this hard time in the world. I have faith the Lord knows exactly what I need at the exact time I need it. He is so good. 

No comments: