Life has not been normal.
So many things have been cancelled, changed, and done a 180 to what we knew as normal. Somehow, though, these kids have kept smiling. Its been hard on everyone. But a common theme I keep hearing about kids these days is that they are resilient. It has brought a new meaning. It means in the dictionary to recover quickly from difficult conditions. Well the conditions aren't over, but they are changing and adapting in a world they don't quite understand and they are doing it in much larger strides than I am.
My Brielley hasn't lost a step. I'm not sure she still understands 100% but even if she did, it wouldn't slow her down one bit. She hates the masks but will wear one when necessary. I think she is thriving on the extra family time.
To help keep in touch with primary kids, the bishopric did an ice cream truck and went through the ward boundaries passing out ice cream. Our whole neighborhood came out for it and got some! I've heard and seen more creative things during this time than ever and this was one of them! Carter loved online school (but his work was hard for me!!!!) and really made his own fun. He found some neighborhood friends and went on many bike rides and had nerf gun wars and also really thrived on the down time and family time. He's had quite a few questions, but has taken it all really well for the most part. He keeps wanting to go out and do things but I have to remind him things are still closed. One fun thing that he did get to do was basketball camp! He really needed to do something normal and this was such a treat! We invited the neighbor kids and they all went together! They are all such good kids! And football will be starting soon which he has worked his butt off to help pay for and he is really looking forward to that! Mol for sure thrives on the social aspect of school. The hardest thing for her was not seeing her friends. Messenger kids has helped with that some but she is like me and likes to be out and doing things and seeing people and going places. We had lots of reassuring talks that things would be ok. You can bet that when stores started opening back up we were first in line! She was very delighted to find this giant rainbow poop at DI and I was so glad she didn't have the $15 that it cost!
Rylee also doesn't understand much, but when I tell her we can't do something or can't go somewhere she says," Mom, is it because of the biwus (virus)?" And I have to tell her yes. She's been happy and loving to have everyone home to cater to her. Having neighbors next door has really saved us in this time. Her and Bri and Avery play nearly every day and all the neighborhood parents agree that it is ok to play as long as everyone is well. These kids are my super heroes.
Here's to hoping some super heroes can rescue us sooner than later from this biwus!








No comments:
Post a Comment