In Dec Carrie's dad caught covid from a kid at school and it put him in the hospital. Soon after his dad, Carries grandpa, contracted it and his condition went south really quick. It was heartbreaking to hear that when they knew grandpa would pass they had to say goodbye through a video call. But Charlie actually had a stroke as a complication of covid and had lost movement on his left side and couldn't talk. Grandpa was on a vent and the machines made it too loud to hear even if they could talk. They said their goodbyes through blinks and tears.
After a month Charlie was transferred the the VA by a series of miracles. I wish him a speedy recovery!

And just because this post is about Carrie's family, here is my brother in his PPE fighting covid on the front lines. I don't know how he does it. I could NOT wear that gear all day and do what he does!
I pray for my family to stay safe and for all these health care workers who have the toughest job right now.



No comments:
Post a Comment