I wanted to get Christmas done early this year, just in case. These days you never know if the store is going to be open from one day to the next or if you'll be in quarantine tomorrow! So while we were healthy I was determined to have it really close to done. By Thanksgiving it mostly was done and I just had a few loose ends to tie up.
We got word that a family in our ward needed help with Christmas and that a generous man in the ward offered to give $500 so the kids could have a christmas. But he was too old to do the shopping and was unsure of what to get. Bishop asked for some ideas from me since we have the same age of kids. I jokingly said I'd love to do the shopping too! And then I had a job! Christmas shopping for a family of 7! WOW! But we involved our kids and listened to their ideas and they got to help shop.
We all agreed that Bishop should be the delivery man and so I had everything bought and wrapped and ready to go by the 23rd. We also bought some food so they could have a nice dinner. It was so fun and I was SO glad our shopping was done so I could focus on this family. I know they were grateful and I hope they enjoyed their presents! It was so fun to be on Santa's team for this!

No comments:
Post a Comment