This last year has been crazy, uncertain and scary. News of a vaccine for Covid spread quickly. First, elderly and medical workers were offered the vax. Then older adults, then teens and now it just opened up for 12-17 year olds. Soon it will be available for kids.
There are so many voices right now saying what is right. Some believe it will do more harm to our lives. Others won't associate with you if you aren't vaccinated. There is a clear line right now of what vaccinated people are able to do or not able to do. Some restaurants will only allow vaccinated people in and stores will allow those vaccinated can now shop mask free. There's opposition on both sides. Some close to us have even asked us not to get the vaccine.
Is it safe? Will it cause infertility? Will it save my life and protect me? Will it kill me in a year? Is it safe for children? Or will it cause infertility later?
Ultimately it came down to MY choice and MY revelation. For quite some time I've been pretty hesitant to get it. One day I just felt so strongly I should get it. So I made an appointment. Chad was hesitant but went along with it. l
Do i believe there is an evil power out there to control us and the population of the world? You bet I do. Is this it? I don't think so
. Do I think this will do more good than bad? Yes.
Is it good for everyone? I don't really think so.
Do I think its too soon to vaccinate kids? You bet I do. I won't be hopping on that train anytime soon. How sad would it be if a choice I made for them caused them to be infertile and not be able to have such a beautiful gift of family that has brought me so much joy in life.
I've never been so conflicted about something in my life! But I've tried to take the prophets counsel seriously of finding revelation for myself. And for me, it was right to do it. I want to be able to travel and live as normally as possible. I'm working with the HS cheerleaders where i'm sure germs will run rampant as they have in the previous year. Again, I want to protect myself and my family.
Mollie's soccer coach had Covid and was so sick and was in the hospital. I thought if you were younger and healthy it wasn't so hard on you. But that scared me a little. While the future is uncertain still, I'm trusting that the Lord can speak to me and guide me to what is best for me and my family.
Since having this shot, I've felt at peace about it. And i feel good about my choice. I wasn't sick besides having a slight headache and maybe a little off for half the day. AND where my bandaid was has left a mark in my skin ever since...so weird. Other than that, no other side effects.
I hope this will all be over soon. That sickness will leave and life will return to normal!

No comments:
Post a Comment