Our second week in our new ward Chad and I were asked to head up the ward Christmas party. We chuckled because we were in charge of our wards in 2019. We've also helped with a few other large ward parties. I guess its our eternal calling. We put together a committee and they were all pretty wonderful. One lady is a chef and did ALL the food. That was a huge worry off my plate. One person organized the program and another decorated the gym with me.
Everything was decorated and in place. It was too perfect...at the last minute we were scrambling because the tortillas that were brought for breakfast burritos were frozen solid! We were frantically defrosting 200 tortillas!! No one was asked to serve the food (not my job) and again at the last second we were frantically organizing and serving food. BUT it all worked out. We made it through tortiallas until there were 2 people left in line. Those 2 had to wait just a minute for the to defrost...blessing in disguise.
Here we are serving in our double sweater with Bro O'Rourke!
Santa's set up. We had a member read a story called I believe in Santa Clause but it paralleled how Christ and Santa were similar. It was sweet. We set up for about 250 people. We didn't quite have that many there. But look at our coffee filter trees! I had no finger prints for the whole month of Nov because of all the glue gun burns I got making these! I wasn't alone because a few on the committee were missing theirs too!
We had artists in the ward paint us some windows. Look how pretty!
And the program went so well. We awarded the ugliest sweater winner and then had a few songs and speakers and Santa! It went well!!
Here's our kiddos with Santa. Carter was too cool.
Merry Christmas! Now to enjoy the season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment