Wednesday, November 26, 2025

Panama Day 1

We've been planning on this for several months and the day finally came! We are off to play in Panama for 8 days with my mom and dad who are serving a mission there. Travel days are never fun, but we made it through all of security with no tears and everyone packing their own bags and caring for their own luggage. 
We had 2 flights there and really they both went great. No problems at all. The kids all did great and mostly watched movies and enjoyed their new headphones. 
Bonus having screens in every plane! 


Hello Panama City! 
Customs was pretty easy too. There was a bit of a language barrier, but mostly just asked everyone their age. 
We finally met mom and dad at the Airport! Oh, it was so good to see them! I heard my dad before I saw him and it was so good to hear his voice. Then, I got to run and hug my mom. We stepped outside to go find our rental car and BAM, it hit me. The heat was suffocating and absolutely miserable feeling. It was almost 8 at night and in the 10 minutes I was outside I was wondering how I was going to handle this heat for a full week! It was the kind that just made you want to puke. It was SO hot. 
Our first Panamanian meal was at KFC! Oh yeah! The kids thought it was so great. 

And as we sat there, we heard what sounded like a party coming towards us. And we looked up and sure enough, there was my first party bus! It looked and sounded incredible! I thought a real party was going on there but my dad said it was basically just a taxi. They even called to me to get on when I stepped out to take a pic. Then I got scared and had to run away. 

But I got to check the first thing off on my list of things to see in Panama!


 

No comments: