Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Carnival Cruise Part TRES

When we got back from our excursion we were MUDDY!! So right to the showers we went to get all spiffied up for our elegant evening. I expected it to be low key and relaxed. This is the part of the cruise things got CRA CRAY! 
Here we are in doing our fancy selfies. We sneaked in a call to the kids really quick before we headed out on the town...or ship....but they all sounded really happy and were having a blast. 
 We went to our fancy dinner and met a nice couple. Dinner was ok....not really great like I was imagining...but I'm a salad bar type of gal.
 After dinner we hit the Karaoke bar! Chad said if they had his Buddy Holly song that he would sing (thinking of course they wouldn't have it). I went to check and they did! And after lots of frowny faces and puppy dog eyes he finally got up there to do it. Its GREAT if you've never seen this impression. It usually only comes out around HIS side of the family. Still, he held back, but it was fun nonetheless and he had the crowd clapping and singing right along!
 By this time on the cruise the "Mormons" were our besties! I wish I could remember their names...i think her's was Megan...they were from CA. We went to sit by them....and man I wish we would of picked a different seat! We were headed to watch the DIVAS show (like a concert from famous lady singers) and I was excited to sit back and relax and watch the show.
 YOU GUYS! We don't do this kind of stuff. Chad and I are both watchers. We like to sit back and watch other people make fools of themselves. Alex., the cruise director, asked for some volunteers. Our friends were going nuts so we of course went nuts along with them, He wouldn't pull them up on stage because they did the sticky ball contest but because of how the lights were he couldn't tell we had also already been up and he called me and Chad to the stage! We were asked to race another couple in a dress making contest with a single long piece of silk. It was first demonstrated by a very GAY man and then we had 1 minute to do it. Here we go......!!!!!
 He wrapped, twisted, tucked and I tried to keep my dress from hiking up to show off those wonderful G's! But mostly I just had to stand there. I can do that. Easy Peasy.


 When the time was up, the crowd showed by round of applause who had the best dress. With help from the loudest cheers from the mormon section Chad and I won....but really I had the best dress!"Phew! We made it. I'm done we can go sit back down and enjoy the show." UMMM NOPE! He then had Chad make a run on the catwalk and then asked me to kick him off the stage! What is HAPPENING?! Alex then went to explain that because I had won the contest I was being picked to go back stage and get all dolled up by the stage crew and BE IN THE PERFORMANCE WITH THE DIVA SHOW.................................................. um what? This is not something I do. I cant. I'm mormon. What are they going to make me wear.......and there I go off the stage with out being able to fully comprehend what was coming!
 They whisked me off stage into pitch black darkness. There were tons of people around I could sense but I couldn't see. Lots of people grabbed my hands and arms and guided me through the dark saying step over this, turn here, be careful until we got to a very bright room! The makeup room! They threw 3 things at me to quickly put on and a pair of black wedges. Told me to get dressed and then they'd do hair and makeup. I have to say that part was fun but as they explained what I had to do the nerves set it! " I was a cheerleader" I thought, " I can do this...I do zumba...I've got some moves. Oh crap...I really don't have moves...I just pretend to." All was going through my head. "What if I fall? What if I freeze? I have to dance with boys....I haven't done that since college! Oh man...here we go!" There was no time to back out.  I'm not a lipstick gal but I liked the color they put on!





Not as immodest as it looks...there was under clothing but the dress came to my knees and I wore legging under it. Still not something I would be caught dead in otherwise.
 They told me I would walk down the cat walk to the end. 2 guys would come dance with me, do a few turns, turn around and walk back and then strike a pose. Well I didn't know it but the video footage (which is only for a few elect people who can see) shows the 2 guys totally gettin down and dirty behind me! UGH! I guess that is "their way" of dancing. As uncomfortable as everything was, I felt amazing and famous and it was a fun feeling. I didn't care too much when I was done how I looked...just that I let loose and did it.

Right as it was over I was escorted to the stairs to pose for a picture with the cast. AMAZING AGAIN! It was so fun to meet them all. I got to meet the 2 guys who I danced with and walked me down the catwalk back stage and they were cool and had fun accents.



It was a fun experience but I think next time I'll be a little more reserved for what ever I volunteer for!! 
This was just a picture we had taken and later bought of our elegant evening. I love everything about it! 
Until next time carnival! We want to go with friends next time. I think it would add to the fun-ness for sure!

No comments: