Friday, March 10, 2017

Snow day with the Call's

We thought we'd take a mini vacay and head to Idaho to go snowboarding with Chad's sister, Chelsey's family. They all got new ski gear and it was alot of their kids first time so we thought we'd take Mollie for her first time. Here she is with her cute cousin Kloe in their matching hats. 
 I thought I was going to freeze so I loaded up with my BIL's gear. But I ended up sweating and it was a beautiful day!
 Carter has really caught on to snowboarding and we didn't see him most of the day. I never thought my 8 year old would lap me so many times on the mountain but he was with his cousin and we just stuck to the bunny hill (which is a rather large bunny hill with a lift!) so I could still see him most of the time. It's awesome how much he loves it and how good he has gotten at it. He was fearless.
 When we finally caught him one time we made him ride the lift with us.
 Chad tried tirelessly to teach Mollie to ski but when you are on a board yourself its nearly impossible to teach a new skiier. We were glad when Uncle Shane came by and saved the day and helped Mollie and Kloe all day long. He was a trooper!
Shane's dad works ski patrol so whenever we got cold or the kids were tired we could sneak into the patrol lodge and rest. It was nice and cozy compared to a crowded lodge. 


 When it got busy they made everyone sit 3 to a chair. I looked up just in time to see Chad passing squished into a chair with 3 other guys. It looked humorous.
 Me and Kari stuck together as beginner snowboarders and when we got tired we had girl time in the
lodge. I was grateful for a quiet place to relax.

All in all taking 6 kids on a ski trip was a successful day! We had a blast being with cousins and our kids learned some new skills. Until next time!!


No comments: