Being a mom.....well it's not at all what I expected. Not even close. No one tells you what it's really like. I was one of those people who said things like - my kids will NEVER do that--- and yet I'm now that mom who has screaming toddlers in the store, who poop in the swimming pool and sneeze on other people. It's messy. It's busy. It's hard keeping up with EVERYTHING. Not a day goes by that my clothes aren't smeared with peanut butter, snot, or mystery slime. My world revolves around feeding and changing them, clipping finger nails, and constantly cleaning up behind them. I always tell new moms its the hardest most rewarding thing you will ever do. And that's the truth. It's the best way I can describe it.
I chatted with a friend the other day who said, "Candice, I don't know how you do it. How do you clean up mess after mess only to have all the work be undone the next day." I didn't know what to say so I simply responded, "Well its worth it." I keep thinking back to that every time I have to sweep the fruit loop covered floor for the 3rd time.....and clean syrup out of someones hair. And do 10
loads of laundry in one day. IT'S WORTH IT!
The kids showered me in gifts as they always look forward to doing and gave me their homemade cards and gifts. But this card spoke volumes! Whoever created it is a GENIUS! It says thanks mom, for all those times you sat patiently next to me while I was potty training. POTTY TRAINING is my LEAST FAVORITE motherhood task. (only 1 more to go!) so this was perfect. It was from Brielle who was by far my hardest to train.
Thank you to my kids who made me a mom. Who stretch me every day and who have turned me into a better person than I would have been on my own. I owe tribute to many who have taught me how to be a good mom and am so thankful for my strong mommy friends who lift me up and make me better. To moms everywhere, THANK YOU! Your job is irreplaceable!




No comments:
Post a Comment