Monday, June 24, 2019

Carter's first TRIATHLON!

After seeing how good of a swimmer Carter has become I suggested he do a kids triathlon the city was putting on. He was all for it and he started practicing after swimming lessons to see if he could swim the 2 laps of the pool he had to. It made me nervous but he seemed to have no worries so I cut the apron strings and let him go for it. 
 We got down there and got him all set up and then we just had to wait. I went over with him several times all the things he had to do so he would understand. I was nervous, he was confident.
 He was number 90 in heat 4!
 Swimming was first! He did so great swimming 4 lengths of the pool! I was so impressed because I know I couldn't do that!
 When he got tired he flipped to his back. He did so GOOD!
 And he made it out! Phew! I think I was holding my breath for him! Next up bike!
 We couldn't help him with transitions but he seemed to have no problems drying off and getting his shoes on and off on his bike. This was his strongest part I think.
 He had several little cheerleaders cheering him on! We even made signs and I guess I had no pics of that. G&G Hymas were even there to support him!
 Here he comes back from his 5K bike ride.
 Next up was running which I think was hardest for him but he had to run 0.7 miles and he did so great!


 Getting ready to cross the finish line! I guess I have video but no pictures of him running through!! DANG!
 Oh my gosh I was SO proud of him. My momma heart almost leapt out of my chest and I had tears in my eyes. Its such a great thing to see your kid accomplish something HARD! He was so proud of himself and he went straight for the post race snacks that were provided.


 That night as I was tucking him in bed, he said, "Mom, I feel like I can do anything now." Again, heart pounding, tears flooding my eyes, I said, "Yep buddy you can. You can do anything you want to." I'm not sure I've had a prouder parent moment than this. Carter, know you TRULY CAN do ANYTHING you put your mind to. The only thing that can stop you is yourself. Reach for the stars and if you miss, try try again! I love you!!!

No comments: