Sunday, October 27, 2019

"Jack o lanterns"

We finally got around to carving the pumpkins we picked in the patch. We opted to do them on a saturday afternoon instead of in the evening after a busy day. Which was a great option! We could take our time and actually enjoy doing it. Mollie was very excited and did her almost completely by herself. 

 Bri wanted to be independent too and did alot on her own. G&G Hymas were down visiting and grandma helped Bri some.

 Dad was in charge of Rylee's. I really didn't do much this year! Which was awesome.
 Carter begged and begged to carve a watermelon this year instead of a pumpkin so he could eat the  "guts." He was dead set on it but I wasn't sold on wasting a good melon! I visited the NPS store and found some melons for .25 each! I figured I could go for that. And as he said he would he ate lots of watermelon and drank the juice as he went. Weirdo!
 He made a Marshemellow jack o lantern/watermelon. Cute idea but the juice got all over my porch!
 The finished products. Brielle made a heart emoji face and here she is making the same face!

 Mollie's is puking and here she is making the same face. Gross.
Ry wasn't into it and never has been. It was all I could do to get a picture by it. 
 And I spent my time rescuing all the seeds because year after year I have wanted to roast them and eat them but have never wanted to take the time to do it since its usually late and we need to get the kids to bed. But since it was afternoon, I scooped those babies up and baked them! YUM! They turned out really good. I think its going to have to be a tradition from here on out.

No comments: