Friday, December 20, 2019

A $10 Home

One of the challenges for Light the World was to share an family history story. I randomly clicked on my Great-Great Grandpa Gus. And I found this mind blowing story!

From Grandpa Giustino's Life Story

Grandpa and Grandma came from Italy in the early 1900's and arrived in Ellis Island and then settled in Tooele, Utah and bought a house for $10.00 in Tooele, Utah around 1913. They lived there for a few years and then moved to Pingree, Idaho where Grandpa DeGiulio probably homesteaded some land and started farming for a living. Grandma DeGiulio passed away in 1930 when my dad (Joseph) was only 4 years old.

$10.00!! I couldn't believe it! I shared it on social media and my Uncle Rod quickly responded and gave me the address!! I went immediately to drive by the home. And there it was, still standing! I'm sure not much on is is original but how cool to see my family history right in front of my face here in Tooele! So cool!

No comments: