Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wickedness

 Our prophet has recently said that the Savior isn't coming YET. But this is the time that his coming becomes a REALITY. That has stuck with me so much! The things that have been prophesied for hundreds of years are starting to happen! The world is getting wicked and scary. The elements are raging. Fires and viruses and pestilences plague the world. And men's hearts are failing them!

Just some crazy things that have happened:
- Killer wasps come from China into the US
-a black man was killed which started violent protests through the world which are still going on a month later
-Black Lives Matter groups are going nuts throughout the world
-protests have lead to riots, businesses destroyed, guns fired, and historical statues being destroyed or taken down
-Police are under attack and their cars have been flipped and started on fire!
-it snowed the day before July 1st!
-Pres Trump was impeached but it didn't stick
-secret combinations among governments and random vicious attacks
-earthquakes are all over the world
-the olympics were postoponed
-fires and floods have raged


And I'm sure the list could go on. However, I'm seeing the importance of having my own testimony. Of not missing a beat when we were told to have home church because we were already doing it. I see very clearly that our prophet is a seer and we should heed his warnings. And I have full faith that if we are obedient and endure we have no need to fear. I find myself fighting the fear many days...that seems to be the only valuable news these days. I'm trying to look for the good, but more importantly BE the good. I'm trying to teach my kids about equality in race and all aspects of life and how to just be KIND. There are SO many important lessons that fall on ME to teach my kids and it can be overwhelming.

But SOMETIMES, on a peaceful day when I make an effort to be close to the spirit, I can feel the influence of my Savior in my home. In the first few weeks of this pandemic as we were all stuck at home, it hit me that my home felt more like a temple than ever! It's so hard sometimes to put in the effort to make our home a sacred place but it is something that is so important ! Often this responsibility falls on the efforts of the mom. Me. I have so much to improve on but I am trying and learning and becoming better to teach my children correct principles and to be an example for them to look to. That is scary to me because I can improve on so much!

But I know the world will only get wickeder. It has to in order for the Savior to come. Which excites me and terrifies me! But again, back to faith...I know we will be protected and cared for no matter what we face IF we rely on the Lord. Here's to the rest of 2020 and hoping it is a little less eventful!

No comments: