We love having family in town but when I realized we would be hosting 2 of my brothers and their families and my parents on the weekend of Chad's birthday I knew I needed to show him some love and make him feel loved so he didn't get overlooked on his birthday. So I invented Chad week! Starting 7 days before his birthday, he got an envelope each day with a treat or a surprise in it. Along with a silly picture for the Chad wall.
The 1st day I ran to Lehi to pick up his surf board he bought but didn't know how or when we'd get it here
Day 2 he had some drinks in the fridge
Day 3 he got some massages - the kids all helped and we rubbed his feet, back and neck
Day 4 was of course crumble cookies that I surprised him with at work to share with his co-workers
Day 5 we got a night out with 5 friends at TopGolf that I had been planning for a few weeks
Day 6 was 6 scoops of ice cream with the fam at Leatherbys
Day 7 was a big list of reasons why I loved him along with his presents for his birthday
I think he enjoyed it and it was fun making him feel special for once!
We took the Eash's and Mason and his fiance' with us to Top Golf and we really had a good time! It's overpriced, but it was a good fun night! This week the governor did a soft closure and asked us to stay home so I didn't know if we'd get to go, but it was still open, so we went!

He requested steak and alfredo and trifle on his birthday, and even though he had to cook it, we got to eat it for lunch on Sunday! Then we had dessert with my parents when they came later that night. It was fun to have family in town, but busy too! I'm so grateful for Chad. He is gracious even when his special day gets taken over. He is sweet to me and kind always. He is patient with our kids and loves them so easily. He is playful and a hard worker. He brings light to my day every day and makes sure to make me smile often. Love you Chad and I hope you know how special you are to all of us!






No comments:
Post a Comment