Friday, November 27, 2020

Gratitude

Finding gratitude this year has had us all digging deep! While we know we have been immensely blessed so many times through this year, we also faced many disappointments that sometimes made it hard to see the blessings until later. But what tops my list of gratitude this year and every year is family. We did decide to gather as a family for a short time for thanksgiving and be as careful as possible with lots of hand washing and some wore masks. Feeling like I shouldn't hug my parents or siblings has made me want to even more. And I'm more grateful for the time we do have to be together.  

We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at moms house and apparently I didn't take very many pictures because this is all I have! But everyone pitched in and we had a very nice turkey dinner with all the regulars, even spaghetti!

Had to get a picture of mom's toes and mine. We had matching turkey pedicures!
I'm super grateful for my kids and how resilient they have been through this year. As we went around the table and talked about our thankfuls, a few of my kids mentioned that they were thankful for COVID! WHAT?! And how it had brought more time for our family to spend together. That made me feel good and totally amazed at their strength and positive attitudes during this disappointing time. 
The girls made sure to find grandmas play dough and make a turkey feast with it. 
And there were lots of baby snuggles...or attemts anyway. Cam and Wren getting too cool to snuggle much anymore. 
I was thankful we could gather. I am thankful we are all still healthy. I am thankful for siblings who care alot about each other and our parents well being. I am thankful everyone was safe driving. I am thankful for the lessons we have learned through this year that have brought on more family time and an awesome reminder of what matters most. I am thankful for the home church we had in place that felt mostly normal to do at home. I'm thankful for growth and the uncomfortable trials that come with it. And I'm thankful for my testimony and hope that I have clung to more than ever during this year. Some days I had no choice but to pray to get me through it. I know we will get through this and I hope we never forget to be thankful for the little things and that we always cherish the time we can spend with family. 
 

No comments: