Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Party #3: CHRISTmas with friends


My good friend, Emily Maughan, suggested at Christmas time that we get some families together and do a progressive dinner and each person would be assigned a name of Christ and would get a chance to discuss what it meant. 

It was such a special night. To hear 20+ testimonies of Christ in 1 night from our friends.
We started at the Maughan's house with an appetizer of chips and dips. They all shared their names of christ. My favorite was the one Emily Shared. It was "I AM." I've heard that name often but not really understood it. She explained that it means that I am __________ (you fill in the blank) meaning He is anything and everything we want or need him to be. I am your friend, I am you confidant, I am your savior....the options are infinite and endless. 




Next was dinner at our house. We served pasta and garlic bread. I was very proud of each of my kids as they stood and shared their name of Christ. Our names assigned were Counselor, Rock, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Only Begotten & Wonderful. 




Next, was dessert at the Farris home! We all enjoyed cookies and cocoa as we heard more testimonies of the Savior. this was such a special night and I hope to do it again!








I'm so grateful for these 2 ladies and our friendship over the last 10 years. God knew I needed them in my life and that our kids would need eachother. Thank you for the beautiful gift of a Christ centered holiday!



 

No comments: