Saturday, May 20, 2023

Bumper mishap

I hit a yard sale one day and as I backed up on a narrow road, I couldn't see this truck behind me. I bumped into him and was so upset.  I got out and went and found the person at the yard sale. I explained what happened to a sweet hispanic couple.  I don't think they understood much and started to drive away. I flagged them down and gave them my insurance card with tears in my eyes. He said dont worry, dont worry, old truck!! They were so kind and through broken english told me that they'd been hit before and no one offered to tell them. so they were thankful I told them. 
 
Our damage didn't seem bad. A cracked tail light cover and it looked like the bumper was just popped off. 

We made an apt to fix it. They day before the appointment, I had to drive to park city. On the way there it was fine. On the way home I looked in my rear view mirror and saw something flapping in the wind. 

It was my bumper! I had no choice but to pull over and pry it off while wearing a skirt and heels. I couldn't keep driving. There must have been more damage up underneath that we couldn't see which caused the bumper to become unattatched. 
It was a sad day and I was really upset when i sent this pic to Chad. But I had to do what I had to do so I could  get home. Gosh, dumb car problems. We ended up having to buy a totally new bumper. But I learned my lesson to double check when backing up!!!


Such a BUMMER!
 

No comments: