Sunday, May 7, 2023

Day 4 at Sea & disembarking

We surprised our kids with a special Cat in the Hat Breakfast! It was decorated so cute and the food was actually my best meal on the ship!


We met thing 1 and thing 2 and took pics with them and it was fun....and kind of weird.....haha. All for the experience I guess!
The foods were very creative. 
I loved these Cat in the Had stacked pancakes!
Ice sculpture of the cat. 


Then the rest of the day was more food, more shows, more fun and more ice cream.  Here is our cruise director. He really made this ship fun. We all left saying his famous tag line of "Hey yall! I said heeeeey!" Fun guy, flaming gay and loves to perform. But he was good at it! 
We took Ry to story time. 

And then someone needed a nap while dad played ball. 


Couldn't leave without a pina colada!
I was glad this kid let loose and had fun. He was running around and eating like a kid should do. He sometimes gets caught up in being too grown up. It made me happy to see him being a kid. 
That night we watched a big game from the comfort of our patio chairs on the big screen. 
We let the kids stay out late. All the big parties were the last night. So it was nice and quiet for Chad and I! In the morning no one wanted to move, but since we had a 12 hour drive ahead of us, we opted for early check out and hit the road!
Goodbye sweet ship! I hope we can do this one again soon!
The ride home, temps were much cooler out. We didn't even  have to roll windows down. I was grateful! The kids slept alot and the road really wasn't too bad! Chad may have a different opinion since he had to drive it!

 I'm so glad we did this with our kids! Yes it takes alot of extra planning and packing and effort. But it is so worth it to watch them make memories and have fun. I would do it every summer if we could!

No comments: