Tuesday, December 16, 2025

Christmasey Things

December always has so much, but I was determined to slow down a bit and focus on the things that matter most. But of course, there are always things. 

We had a team christmas party for the gymnasts at the gym. 
They could all come in pjs...it was so cute trying to teach them the concept of a gift passing/trading game...they were so confused. I was just glad there were no tears and only 1 girl called her gift dumb. 
For our family gift name draw, we had Tony's Fam. I asked for some ideas and he requested that we do a service project and send pics and tell him about it. I came across a project to gather clothes and toys for the Girls & Boys Club in Tooele. It was really fun seeing how far we could make that money stretch. I found a ton of $3 shirts at Ross and so we were able to get quite a few things. 
We sent all the pictures to Tony with some treats and letter explaining what we did. It was nice to do it as a family and work together to come up with some fun things for kids. Our kids even went through their toys and donated several stuffed animals and fidgets and play sets. When we delivered it, they were very grateful and gave us a tour of the facility and it was awesome to see what these community people do for our children. 
Our annual gathering with the Maughans and Farris families was super special as always. We enjoyed sharing how Christ had impacted our life that year. You can't go wrong when you gather with people you love, testify of Christ and fill your bellies. Sad that it is the last year we'll all be together, kids will start leaving to college or missions for the next 10 years until they are all gone. It's such a weird feelilnlg that next year we will be down 2 missionaries. 
This house in my neighborhood....just wow.. Some people love Christmas more than others. 
And I just had to snap this pic! We were so cute! 

And my friend Solly has a birthday in Dec and so we planned a Zumba party like she did for me since she loves zumba! It was a fun and successful turnout. Dancing with friends is funner!


And our ward put on a cute nativity play. Mollie and Rylee were in it. 
Ry was an angel and Mol was a sheep. I didn't even know she was in it until later. 

 They did a nice program, sang and had dinner. It was a nice night. Here comes Christmas!

No comments: