Thursday, December 4, 2025

Day 9 Time to say goodbye

What an incredible week! We were ready to be home, but there was still so much exploring I wanted to do and see! I wanted to see the sunshine and feel that heat one more time, (preferably at the beach). I wanted to see more animals and explore more jungle. I wanted to keep eating out and not have to cook! Cooking in Panama is not pleasant unless you are blessed with AC! 

But I was ready to get home to my bed and my pillow, the a place where things are a little more sanitary and I could speak the language. I was ready to get out of this crazy awful traffic! Oh it was so bad. And my dad navigated it like a champ. It wasn't just the bad drivers you had to watch out for, someone was always in the middle of the street trying to sell you something or wash a window just to make a buck. The homes were sad and seemed to be built right on top of each other. 

As we drove towards the airport I was reminded of just how blessed I am. 

From clean running water, to toilets that flush, a warm home and comforts of life, I was feeling so much gratitude. Grateful we could see the work my parents have been doing and meet the fruits of their labors. I'm glad we got to experience missionary love that is so pure and real. 

I'm grateful to my parents who went faithfully not knowing what to expect who endured hard trials and did it with a smile on their face. There were times I thought over and over again of what a Saint my dad was. He multiple times had to leave to help someone or give a ride or translate or was needed in some way. They were both so busy and incredible examples to me of resilience. 

We piled into our shuttle to get us over the airport after returning our car. And the airport was decorated in Christmas so we of course had to take pictures. It was nothing like in international airport that we are used to. We walked in and went straight into security. 


Goodbyes were hard, but made a little easier knowing my parents would he home in about 65 days. I still cried though. Its a comfort to be with your parents. The Ortegas came too and wished us well with hugs and smiles and tears. Such good people. 
Home again home again, jiggity jig. The flights were uneventful, our 3 hour layover was a little painful and when we stepped foot back on American soil I was so very glad! I'm proud to be an American and live in the blessed land that I do! 
This was an experience I'll remember forever and I hope my kids do too. 



No comments: