What else made my 30th birthday totally epic, you may ask? An adults only getaway to one of my favorite cabins in Idaho. I decided some R&R for my big day was just what I needed and it did not disappoint!
We arrived at the Inn at Owl Hollow about 3 pm and our friends started arriving shortly after. We played some pool and then the guys played basketball outside while the ladies caught up.
My brother Jordan and his wife Taylor came, our good friends the Eash's from Tooele, my high school friends Woody & Aubrey and Jordan with his wife Nicole whom I didn't get any pictures of!
We had some pizza and tons of candy, played some games and hit the hot pools at Lava Hot Springs, It was incredibly relaxing and the weather was great.
Some of the gang standing around eating way too much junk! That night we stayed up playing games until what we thought was 1:30 but the clocks hadn't been changed in the cabin yet and we didn't notice until it was really 2:30 or 3! But it didnt really matter because we all got to sleep in the next morning. Gloooorious!!!The next morning I was the first one up and I sat in the peace and quite on the patio in the sunshine and soaked in the scene. Out of no where a wild turkey wandered and gobbled its way around. Kinda funny!
Once everyone rolled out of bed we had breakfast on the patio and chatted it up.
It took everything I had to pull my bum out of that chair to pack up and leave. I did NOT want to go home and the trip went by too quick.
I was so grateful to the friends who made an effort to show up and make me feel loved. We missed those who couldn't make it but I know that we will be back some day hopefully sooner than later! Till we meet again Owl Hollow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment