well I had Chad do it....twice...and it did pop and it felt better for a while. My loose pregnancy ligaments didn't help out on this one! By that evening I couldn't even walk. It took about 2 weeks to be able to get back to normal and then I kept hurting it over and over. I finally bit the bullet and went to a doctor.
Right away he suspected a torn meniscus which meant surgery. But he gave me a steroid shot in my knee and said he would do surgery after I had the baby. I went home and felt great! I could run up and down my stairs and bend my knee and I felt wonderful! I was cleaning the garage one day and twisted to put something in the garbage and POP! There went my knee again. This time it was bad and I was up all night with lots of pain.
The next day I had an apt with my OB and talked about the possibility of an MRI and surgery while I was pregnant. I was expecting a BIG NO! But she agreed with me that it was best to get it taken care of and that I should be in the best health I can when I bring baby #4 into this world. She Ok'd me to have the surgery and made arrangements for the baby to be monitored for the surgery. The MRI results showed a torn meniscus. Small, but annoying and painful.
Thats how I got here...
Dr. Douglas scheduled surgery for me on the following Monday. It was a quick arthroscopic surgery and I walked myself out of the hospital.The doctor found a tear in my meniscus and a tear behind my knee cap in the cartilage.After a few hours I was good to go. I even got to drive a cart around Walmart waiting for my drugs at the pharmacy. I knew I was high and looked like a freak so we left soon after we got there.
The first 2 days were painful but really not too bad. The pain meds made me puke and that was not very fun, By day 3 I was starting to feel much better and Chad went back to work on day 4. I have to wear a wrap for 10 days and then I get to take it off and get back to normal life...i hope. It has not been a fun ride but I'm so excited to be out of pain.
I'm grateful for a willing husband who takes such good care of me and the kids while I haven't been able to. The kids loved having him home and so it was easy for me to not worry about them. My white towels did end up getting turned pink but I thing that is a VERY small price to pay for having a helpful husband. (And it looks like new towels are in my future!)
We also had lots of friends help us with meals and kids. I'm so grateful because there is no way this could have happened without them. Here's to happy healing and being able to exercise soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment