Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter 2015

I love Easter! For several reasons I'm sure I've mentioned in past posts so I won't go into it but I love the whole meaning of spring and Easter. We started the week off with a big easter package from G&G Hymas and the kids dove right into the candy. 

I usually don't have to worry about easter festivities since my family usually has a large egg hunt and party but it was canceled this year and so we were on our own!

The night before we dyed some eggs. We only did a few because I knew Chad would be the only one who would eat them. Mollie and Brielle actually ended up liking them as well.


We try to celebrate Easter on the saturday before so that we can focus on Christ on Sunday so we were awoken bright and early by these two squealing that the easter bunny had come!
Brielle was very excited too. Man that girl LOVES candy just like her daddy!

 We watched some wonderful conference sessions and then headed to our old church for an easter egg hunt. It was pretty chilly out so they just did it in the gym. The host even had a stuffed animal for each kid who came. Brielle wasnt quite sure what to do but she found some candy on the ground and was happy with picking that up and eating it.


I love when conference is actually on Easter sunday. The talks seem to be so much more centered around christ. I felt like i dropped the ball a bit with surgery/birthday distractions on getting a chance to talk with my kids about the atonement before easter but it inspired me to do so after Easter was over. It still was special and the kids each took a turn telling us their feelings about Jesus. It was so special and sweet. 
 I'm so grateful for my savior and for the mercy he extends to me. I've been able to study recently about mercy and justice and it is so true that without christ we would be lost. There would be no hope, no happiness...just misery, What a beautiful message Mercy gives us. When I'm feeling like I'm not enough or failing in life, I try to remember that his grace will make up the rest...after all I can do of course. One of the conference messages asked "Are you doing all you can do?" I'm setting a goal to do all I can do a little better. To serve more and grumble less. To love better and judge less. I'm grateful I have repentance for when I fall short. I love my Savior and I know He lives!


No comments: