The day finally arrived of my baby brother returning from his 2 year mission in Romania! On April 14th most of my family stayed the night at my house in Tooele so that we could go together to the airport on the 15th. The kids were really excited to wake up to have a new cousin in the house to play with. We loved seeing little Ashton...it had been 2 years since we had seen him. Poor guy was fighting some flu bug and was sick alot.
After lunch we headed to the airport and after getting lost once and being in the wrong terminal, we finally found the waiting place where he would arrive. It was a miracle that we made it in time!
We all were very anxious!!Here's a few signs me and the kids made.
If you look closely in the back you can see my mom in the grey sweater running towards Adam the second he came through the door.
Mom and dad of course got the first big hugs and me and my kiddos were next in line. Mollie wasn't shy at all and ran right up to him. Carter held back a little but ran as fast as he could and jumped into his arms. And I love this picture of my dad hugging Adam. Tender!!
Jordan grew a big bushy beard to rub on Adam. I almost didn't recognize him!
Tony was next with Ashton in tote. He threw up a few minutes before he came in so he wasn't wearing any clothes. Poor kiddo!!Mission----ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
Four of the 5 of us kiddos. It was so great to be reunited! Sure love my brothers! Justin and his family were able to join us later in the weekend.
And the In-laws (or outlaws as we sometimes call them!) Looking good!
After that we headed to temple square. It was snowing so we made it a quick trip but took some time to walk around the visitors center. This spot is always a favorite of mine and such a sacred place.
I'm super proud of Adam and his willingness to serve his Heavenly Father unselfishly for 2 years. I know it will bless his life forever and change him too. I know he feels unsure about where his future will take him but I know too he has a testimony of our Savior and that he leads and guides us. And I know he is on the right path and that his Heavenly parents are so proud of him as well and his earthly family! Love you Adam!!
Stay tuned for the weekends adventures!




No comments:
Post a Comment