Thursday, April 9, 2015

My 3rd decade birthday

 I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to turning 30. Being pregnant and just having knee surgery didn't add to my excitement either but I was determined to have a good day. I woke up to 3 giggling kids, 30 balloons in my kitchen and a few gifts. The kids were so excited!

 After a yummy cinnamon roll breakfast we set out for something I have planned on doing on my 30th birthday for a few years now.

I once heard of someone who for their 30th birthday did 30 random acts of kindness. I loved that idea and set a goal to do it. As you get older, birthdays really arent that exciting so I wanted this one to be special. I wont name everything we did, but here are a few....
-took flowers to an elderly lady
-cookies to the ambulance, lifelight, and police crews
-bought a persons meal behind us in the drive thru
-left a treat for the mail lady
-"egged" a few houses (where you hide easter eggs in their yard secretly) This was the only photo I took although I meant to take pictures at each stop
-taped quarters to 6 soda machines
-sent a baby gift in the mail
-called my grandparents....etc!
 The kids really had a fun time and it really made all of us feel really good. I encouraged the kids while we were out and about to find someone to smile at or hold a door for someone. Everytime I turned around they would give me their biggest and best smiles. Those really made my day too.

Then it was off to lunch at Johnny Carinos...my favorite and then we did some birthday shopping afterwards.
 My leg was so exhausted after walking around for a few hours (i was only 4 days post surgery!) that we went home and rested. Carter snuggled up to me and insisted we needed a birthday picture.
I had big plans before surgery was scheduled to have a big game night with friends but instead we watched a movie as a family and hung out. It was just as great. 

My neighbors even delivered this fun gift for me.
                                                
We let the kids stay up late and have cake at the end of the day too. Delicious snickers cake!
And I love how this picture turned out. It looks sort of magical to me. It was a terrific end to a magical day. I'm so grateful to all my family and friends who made it special! And especially to Chad who put up with my crazy ideas and was patient with me while I hobbled around my favorite stores. 
Here's to the next 10! I hope they are my best years to come!

No comments: