Monday, December 21, 2015

Kicking off the Christmas Season

We were all anxious to get home from our Thanksgiving trip to get our own festivities underway! Its so fun creating our own traditions and seeing the magic of the season through our childrens eyes. 
This is the first year Brielle was really into "helping" with the tree. Lets just say I'm glad I have unbreakable ornaments! Rylee even got in on it a little bit!

 I love how our tree turned out this year! Each year it looks a little better...so maybe one year it will look exactly how I want!

 We went to the Santa parade where we got loads of candy and saw Santa.
 One of my favorite new things we did was visit a live nativity. I was instantly overwhelmed with the spirit as we sat in the freezing cold and listened to the story of the nativity and looked at the live actors. There was a luminary walk and free hot cocoa, a camel and animals you could pet. It was a really neat experience and one that I think we will do every year. There was even a spot to dress up as the characters. Mollie didnt want to dress up but was dying to hold baby Jesus.


Another new thing we got to experience was Carters 1st grade Christmas program. He had 1 line to memorize and he nailed it and did so great. They sang about 15 songs and it was so fun to watch. 
 And I think he's pretty darn handsome in those reindeer antlers!

 There's the whole 1st grade! What a chore to get this organized but it sure was nice!
We also made some neighbor gifts and got to help Chad make fruit baskets for his mutual activity to give to the elderly. It's funny how as you get older its more about giving and less about receiving. That makes it christmas for me.

No comments: