Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Twas the night before Christmas....

The best part of christmas for sure is being a parent to small children! It really puts the magic back in christmas. It looks like Santa came! A kindle for Carter, A bike for Mollie, A trike for Brielle, and some wipes for Rylee!
 Mom and dad got gifts too....a drill for Chad and boots for mom! The calm before the storm!
 Their excitement is so contagious and fills me with true joy. Brielle was over the moon about her bike.

 I don't think Carter knew exactly what he got but he Loves it and can use it to do his homework and reading on.
 Chad was very excited about his drill. Santa got an incredible deal on it!
 Stocking treats!
 Rylee was clueless but loved her new toys to chew on while we opened gifts.
 Carter begged and begged for a snowboard and when we found this deal we couldn't turn it down. I was hesitant because I know how hard it is to learn to snowboard. But it took him all of 30 minutes to figure it out. I'm so glad we got it for him!
Before I even had time to start cleaning up the mess Mollie had her headphones on jamming out while she played shopkins go fish with her dad. I married a good man!
 Mollie's loot
 Brielles treasures! That lego set has been the best thing ever!
 Carters goodies
 Ry Ry's goodies! Poor thing really doesn't need much! So she got some necessities like baby food, snacks, clothes and wipes.  She looked happy with what she got!
We had a fun day of just lounging around, eating junk, sledding, (i napped with the babies while they sledded!) and just enjoyed being together. We are so truly blessed to have means to give our children a wonderful christmas. We had an opportunity to help 6 men in a nursing home who had no one to give them christmas and it feels my heart with joy and helps it feel more like christmas when we are able to give a little to someone in need. I'm grateful for Chads job that provides us with necessities and indulgences and for a hard working husband that puts his family first by being the best he can at work. I know we are truly blessed. I've felt my Saviors love so much this season. It took me a while to get into the spirit of it but when I quit looking for big things and noticed the small miracles all around me in every day life it helped get me in the christmas spirit. What a great example we have in our older brother who performed great miracles but also went about doing small acts of service and asked to remain unknown. I'm so grateful for Him and I hope to be more like him daily.

No comments: