Oh the crazy things we do when we are woken from a dead sleep. The night before we went to Bear Lake we packed the truck completely so that I could go pick up Chad from work and get on the road and not have to load the truck myself! We packed many valuables in the back but tied things down tight and hoped that our truck would be safe overnight outside. A few car break ins have happened to our neighbors so we had good reason to be paranoid. We went to bed.
About 1 am my phone rang and it was my neighbor. I sprang up and answered the phone. In Chad's paranoia he flew from bed thinking that that she was calling to tell us our truck had been broken into. The worst thoughts were going through our minds!
We are tiling our shower and so we have some stacks of tile sitting in our room. When he hopped up he kicked one piece of tile on the pad of his foot right under his toe. He screamed. I thought he screamed because he saw someone in our house. (He was screaming and running out our bedroom door.) It scared me so I started screaming and following him out to the hall. ( Keep in mind I'm still on the phone with my neighbor and all I've said up to this point is hello!)
When I started screaming Chad started screaming because he thought I saw or heard something from our neighbor. We both barreled down the stairs screaming and frantic. (My neighbor is still on the phone by the way) We reached the door and peaked out.....
Nothing but a calm night. The truck was still loaded....everything was in its place. No prowler about.
It was then that I realized my neighbor had just heard all our screaming and was still on the phone. I FINALLY said - HELLO?
She said "Oh I'm so sorry to wake you...I just wanted to tell you that you left your garage door open!"
WHAT?! HAHA! We had been so paranoid about the truck we forgot to secure our own house! We peaked around the corner and sure enough our garage was wide open. With complete access to our house! We were relieved and climbed back into bed still not really sure what just happened.
We sat on the bed and Chad realized he was bleeding and had cut his foot really deep. As he was taking care of it we both looked at each other and burst into laughter! It might not be that funny to you but we laughed well into the next day every time we thought about it. It still makes me want to laugh!
Glad we have neighbors watching out for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment