We got up early and had a yummy breakfast so we could get down and get a spot on the beach. The water is higher than its ever been before and so there really wasn't much beach. But by the time we got there it was PACKED! I couldn't believe how many people were down there already.
We got there and set up and got in the water and sand! The kids LOVE sand ( i do not) so they were in heaven! Rylee and Bri especially loved the sand.
Lots of water toys were brought and Chaz and Maddie brought paddle boards! They were so fun!
My little treasure hunter was ALL about finding treasures! She had buckets full by the time we left and she was sad we had to leave some behind.
Bri and Ry were starting get get TOO comfortable in the water so I had to make sure to watch them closely!
Ry spent hours filling up a bucket with water and dumping it on the sand.
Paddle boards!
The girls found food in the shade and were happy!Can & Nan! We were glad the Eash family came to help our family reunion be more lively! It was a nice relaxing day! Annnndd we ALL got deathly sunburned!
Chad had an owie on his foot (funny story in the next post) so he did a lot of sitting and not walking around in the sand.
My lover....and a photo bomber!
I had fun burying the girls in the sand. There's something about smooth hot sand running through your fingers that calms you.
Rylee and Mollie got in on the burying too!
It's getting harder and harder the older I get to leave these sanctuaries in the mountains where I feel so much calm and peace. It's nice to have a few unstructured days and let my kids play in the dirt and not even care! They all are happy when they are outside too so it's usually a pleasant trip for all!
Good Bye Bear Lake! I'd love to come back to you but I wish there weren't so many people there! Nonetheless we had a blast...As you can see in the following picture!






















No comments:
Post a Comment