Monday, January 6, 2020

Carter's Ordination Day!

Also known as, burst mom's heart day! We have been looking forward to this day for a long time! Every time Carter bore his testimony in the last year he would say he couldn't wait to get the priesthood. So cute. Look at that handsome kid in his suit!
 We planned his ordination in our home (perks of being in the bishopric!) for 11AM. Both sets of grandparents came, uncles, aunts, Eash's and friends all came to support him.




 Seeing all the priesthood holders lay their hands on Carter's head was so overwhelming. This is when I thought my heart would burst with happiness! I snuck a peek at him during the blessing and he was all smiles! He said he kept his eyes closed the whole time after it was over.

 Here are all the men who wee in attendance.
 And the ladies!
 Sister Huffman was Carter's primary teacher until she had a battle with cancer. She won it and when they got word of Carter's ordination they asked if they could come. Of course! They are so good to our family.
 After a yummy BBQ, we got ready and headed to the temple! He really wanted to go to SLC or Logan but with one under construction and the other far away, we settled for Jordan River.
 It was SOOOO busy that day as you can imagine with the begining of a new year and a bunch of new 11 year old wanting to get to the temple. I was grateful we even got in. The whole family tagged along and I was crushed a little when they told us it would be a good hour and a half wait. But everyone was patient. The next thing I knew, the temple president (I think, could have been a counselor) invited our whole family to wait in a special room off to the side of the baptistry where we could all give Carter some counsel. He invited Chad to lead it and then whoever wanted to could give Carter some counsel. HOW SPECIAL that was! Almost everyone including grandparents got the chance to share wisdom with Carter in the temple. I know that is a rare thing and I was so grateful for the opportunity. Soon, it was our turn. Carter went down into the water with Chad and he was all smiles. All the family was watching through the glass and I got the awesome opportunity to be a witness for the baptisms. He only got to do a few names because it was so busy, but then it was my turn to be baptized and Carter got to be a witness to them.
 The day was perfect and I wish I had more pictures. But we are so grateful for a large family who supports us and loves us so much! I'm so proud of Carter for setting his sights on the temple and looking forward to going and gives us reminders to plan trips. He is such a good kid. Always keep your heart set on the temple bud! It is where you while discover what happiness is.

We came home to some yummy soup in the croc pot and just enjoyed the rest of the evening.

No comments: