Sunday, January 12, 2020

Mesquite Presidents Cup

We always love to go down south to play soccer! We were hoping it would be a little warmer and it was, but still VERY cold! We loved the beautiful drive through the gorge to get to Mesquite but I did get car sick. Poor Tony's kids got car sick coming too! The kids love seeing palm trees. 
 Lots of cool rock formations.
 And CUTE kids to snuggle with.
 One of our best players got the flu on her way down and that was too bad. The girls played so hard and we played teams that were ranked above us. We lost all but 1 and somehow that gave us 3rd.
 I love seeing how the girls have progressed each winter!
 If I remember right, Mol had 1 goal.
 I arranged some team building activities after one of the games. We went to the local rec center. The kids could swim, play foosball or ping pong or racketball. I think most everyone had fun. But I didn't realize that Mesquite is a place people go for retirement and it was full of old people who were glaring at us! Ooops. Everyone brought a snack and the girls had a brunch there too.



 After one of the games we hit up Thunder Junction! The best park ever! The sun came out and the weather was actually really nice! We had a picnic and just played the afternoon away.



 Soccer nails for good luck!
 It was good to see Tony's family and get to spend some time with cousins! The kids loved chasing Roman around.
 At the end of the tournament, Coach gave away 3 game balls and Mollie got one of them! He told them he'd be watching for who played the hardest. I was so proud of her.
 Lola and Mollie!
 The gold team with coach Cameron.
We had a great time! I hope if we go back it'll be warmer though!!!!

No comments: