Saturday, January 4, 2020

Castleberrys are forever


 I've been a visiting teacher/ministering person to Lisa Castleberry for 6 years! I was totally ecstatic when she messaged me saying her and Quincy were going through the temple to be sealed! I couldn't make it to her endowment but I really wanted to be there for the sealing but it was in IDAHO! At the Idaho Falls Temple. I talked with Alex, who is my partner, and all she said was ROAD TRIP!  She loves to drive and I don't so it was a perfect match.

It was a little crazy timing because my family was coming in town the next day that night for Carter's ordination the next day! But I knew we'd be blessed for going. We hopped in the car and took a 6 hour drive to Idaho Falls!
 I was so glad we went! It was only us, bishop and his wife and one of her friends from work and her husband. But it was so special and they were just beaming! The kids were brought in and they were so still for the sealing. SO cool to see!
 We love this lady. And while she was super hard to track down for many years, I always reached out to her and let her know she was loved. Probably not as great as I should have, but I tried. I've grown to love her over the years and get to know her on a more personal level! She is such a good person. I'm so proud of the changes her family has made.
And my favorite part was coming out of the temple to seeing all her older kids from another marriage sitting there in the waiting room. They drove all from Utah to be with their mom and step dad while they themselves could not take part in the sealing. How hard that must have been for them, but so kind and respectful to show up. Logan is getting ready to serve a mission in AZ and that was a big push to get them to the temple. Whatever it takes!
After a few snacks we were back on the road! The sun set was so pretty on the drive there and it just brought us so much peace! Alex and I did not run out of things to talk about and she is just such a fun friend to have! I got home about 11 pm and found some of my family already there! We caught up really quick and headed to bed for an exciting day tomorrow! 

No comments: