We got a terrible call one evening from Clyde saying that Evelyn had fallen backwards off her patio steps and couldn't get up or put weight on her leg. They had had their missionary friend over with his fiance for dinner and I was SO glad they were there. The missionary was able to pickup Evelyn and get her to a car where they then took her to Idaho Falls by ambulance. Clyde wouldn't have been able to carry her alone so we were so glad they were there.
Sure enough, after some x-rays, it was revealed that she had broken her femur right at the top just below the ball that attaches to her hip. They said if you're going to break your leg, this is the best place to break it. She went in for surgery almost immediately. Chelsey was able to go and be with Evelyn (another tender mercy) to help her keep calm and explain things to her. She had some major hardware put in her hip.
We were actually heading up to Idaho anyways to go camping and so we swung by the hospital and a few of us could go in at a time to see her. It was so sad seeing how mobile she was to not being able to anything hardly.
We delivered some flowers and I could see how tired and worn down Clyde was. I offered to stay the night with her at the hospital and let him go home. He was in the beginning stages of some major arthritis problems and was also in pain. He seemed grateful and I actually really enjoyed sitting in a dark quiet room while Evelyn slept.

Meanwhile back at the house, the kids were living their best lives on the four wheeler.
We wish her the quickest healing possible! She is determined and in good spirits. When I stayed the night with her, she told the Pt doc that she needed to get better quick because she had a garden to get back to. I know she will be back to her busy self in no time!





No comments:
Post a Comment