My heart shattered when I learned on facebook that Richard Baker (Mollie's friend, Zhane's dad) had finally lost his battle with colon cancer. Gosh I sure wanted this guy to make it. He was a good one. We had the opportunity to attend several soccer games with him and hear him cheer and ring his cowbell when his team scored. He was so proud of his team and let everyone know it.
We watched him arrive in a helicopter to deliver the game ball for the 911 bowl, a fundraiser game played by the police and fire dept. He looked great then. But things took a turn for the worse.
We were honored when a friend reached out and invited us to his birthday party at the park just days after he passed. Everyone wore their Richard's Raiders shirts first created for his soccer team. We let blue balloons float into the sky. It was happy and heartbreaking to look around and see the people who loved Richard. I love Rachelle his wife with my whole soul and she has been such an incredible strong person through all of this. I wish her the very best in life and hope to be there for her in the coming hard days.
During the Night Lights Cup, Mollie's teammate Lily fell to the ground. It was determined her ACL was completely torn, You can actually hear it pop in the movie of the game. So gross. She was devastated her season was over before it even began. We rallied the team and took her some posters and gifts to help aid her healing.
And lastly, Jazz In It studio where I have worked for the last 3 years finally decided to close its doors. It was needed, but still sad. The happy news is that we are being absorbed into a popular cheer gym and bring some rec classes to their program. It'll be good, but I can't help but feel sad about it. These little ladies have been so fun to teach and watch grow over the years! Thanks mom for the pics!







No comments:
Post a Comment