Wow, being back in the Cheer World has been lots of things. Werid, hard, happy, exciting, stressful, and gives me a break all at the same time. When I was asked a few months earlier to help be a competition cheer coach I was floored. I didn't know really know much of cheer.....its been 20 years since I've been in that scene! I was unsure, but I accepted! And so far I'm really glad I did. These girls are incredible. They are good girls who do good things and wear their uniform with pride! They don't sass or back talk and are fairly drama free. There are THIRTY cheerleaders on the Tooele High team this year but only about 15 of those I work with for the comp team.
I was invited to their cheer camp so I went. It was fun to feel that energy again that a room full of cheerleaders creates and fun to see all the talent that was there. The popcorn and candy room for the coaches wasn't bad either. But after sitting there all day I sure got antsy!
They worked SO hard for several hours and I was proud of our team. There are some really cute girls on the squad whom I've grown to love already. And I LOVE helping them with tumbling. Literally everything about cheer has changed since I was there. The names of stunts, what was legal in my day is illegal now, and just about everything else is different. But its been fun to learn it again and have a challenge for myself to learn.
And it totally made my day when they all called my name to be in a picture with them at the end of camp. They are sweet girls and have made me feel very welcome! Here's to who knows what lies ahead but I hope I can handle it!




No comments:
Post a Comment