I've never been to the Tooele Valley Train Museum but when they were having engine 11's 111th birthday, it was a good excuse to go check it out. We got party hats and a picture as we entered.
There is so much history here! It was fun seeing inside the old rail cars and some old artifacts. Rylee was quite excited there was a bomb as big as her!
Carter tried on some old military hats. They had all kinds of old military gear in it.
I know my ancestors had a hand in building the railroad but I don't know how much. It always makes me wonder! I know my grandpa visited there and donated many old pictures and i'm always curious to know what roles my family played in building it.
This poor little train was trying to give rides but just kept getting stuck. My kids got the last ride on it before it got a flat tire. Oops!
It was a good time and I'm glad we finally visited after 8 years of living here!




No comments:
Post a Comment