Carter had his last football game on the saturday of general conference. We went to the game in between sessions and then learned his play off game would follow. He learned so much and improved greatly over the season. They didn't win many games but the lessons that were taught were more valuable and we were so proud of him!
The boys had planned to go to the priesthood session for the evening and now we were worried it would ruin those plans. We let him decide and it took him a while which one he would pick to go to. He was really worried about it and went into his room. When he emerged he told us he had said a prayer to help him decide and had decided to go to his game. We could tell he was still really disappointed so we tried to arrange our plans so we could go to both. Here's my fierce boy. Fierce on the field. Fierce in his testimony.
We jetted off the field and into SLC where they arrived just in time to run into the session...sort of. I knew it would be busy but I didn't know HOW busy. Nannette and I were going to do some shopping and go for cheesecake while the guys went to the session. Turns out many people had the same idea! But it was still fun and I was humbled to see how packed the roads were of men flocking to hear the prophet and his apostles. How special. I couldn't help but feel a little more patient in the crazy traffic jam I was in!
I was glad the boys could go and Carter could experience the joy of seeing and hearing the prophet in person. We live in a very blessed place with the conference center at our fingertips. I love conference!







No comments:
Post a Comment