My grandpa invited me up for a weekend to go through my grandmas things and pick out what I wanted. I had planned to make the trip alone but at the last second Carter decided he wanted to go with me. I am so glad I said yes. It is the BEST thing I have ever done one on one with a kiddo. I hope to be able to do it with each of my kids some day. We had a few errands to run before we hit the road which included suit shopping for his baptism and a stop at the wonka machine in the mall for a big bowl of candy!
He chatted to me the whole time, sang songs and laughed. The memory will forever be a good one.
I was pleased when we got into Idaho to find him a nice suit right away for a good price. He looks so handsome and big! We headed to Jordan's for the night to sleep although xbox got in the way of sleep a little!The next day we traveled to grandpas and it happened to be the birthday week of my mom, her sister and grandpa so of course we had a feast and some cake.
Happiness is....the DeGiulio family gathered in this living room feasting. I'm grateful for the many memories I have eating in this room
The guys took off the the cemetery to set grandmas headstone which turned out beautiful!....
While the girls for hours sifted though jewelry, clothes, cards, journals, shoes, books and crafts. It was fun to be with people I love and see the things my grandma had cherished throughout the years.
Grandma had made afghans for all the grand girls for graduation but she got ill before I ever got one. Grandpa gathered the ones she had made over the year and let me and the younger cousins pick out a blanket. So much love went into these I know!
We were super exhausted but still took grandma reed out to dinner for her birthday. Me and carter decided to stay another night this time with Adam and Brit. More xbox commenced and it was good to catch up with both of my brothers.
I brought home quite a few clip on earrings for the girls to play with and Mollie goes in daily to check them out and touch each one and ask questions about them.
My mom was gracious enough to give me my grandmas jewelry box that she had purchased for her years ago. I always remember sneaking into her room and looking at it and thinking how beautiful it was. It is a music box and so my girls all love that too.
One thing about my grandma is that where ever she went she always had tick tacks! As we were sifting through her things we kept finding tick tacs everywhere! In clothes, purses and there were even some in my jewelry box which makes is smell minty which will always remind me of her. As gross as it may be, I'm leaving it there as long as it will last to remind me of her. I'm grateful for my grandparents and the legacy they have left for me. And for my little co-pilot who kept me awake and entertained on our trip. Sure love my family!












No comments:
Post a Comment