In August some time I got tired of feeling like I always had a UTI, but no infection was present in my urine so I decided it was time to go see what was up. The doc reccomended a CT to see why there was also blood in my urine and another bladder test to check for an auto immune disease called IC or interstitial cystitis. I really didn't want to do it, but I decided I should. He put a little camera into my bladder and there is a defect in the lining of my bladder which can inflame and cause a little bleeding. Which could possibly be where the blood was coming from but wanted to be sure. Enter the CT!
Kinda a bummer thing, but it doesn't bother me enough to need to take any action against it, which I'm glad. I just wanted some answers.
I was a little surprised when the technician said, yep, you have kidney stones! Not really what I was expecting to hear! And at my next appointment I found out they were big. REALLY big. Like 8mm big! ( A marble is 10mm) and there were TWO! WHEW! He highly reccomended having lithotripsy where they break up the stones so they can be passed. Again, very hesitant! But I did NOT want to risk these stones trying to pass. He warned me I would want to die if I did! So on Aug 24 I begged my mom to come help me out while I had the surgery. Chad had plans with his family for a little get away in SLC and I had heard recovery was pretty easy I was ok with him going. Mom came and of course took very good care of the girls so I could rest!
Several crafts were done and many games! And who knows what else. I was pretty out of it the rest of the weekend. My back didn't hurt at all and I didn't have any problem passing stones, but my lungs filled with some fluid during the surgery and they had to suction a bunch of gunk out. MY LUNGS WERE ON FIRE! And I could not catch my breath for 2 days. It sucked really bad!
Grandpa came on Saturday night and we all went out to dinner at Jims. I'm so grateful for good parents who step in when I need them and take care of me and my babies!
And I'm especially grateful that I only had to do this procedure ONCE! They were sure I would need 2 treatments. I consider that a huge blessing! Hopefully my body will behave and not make any more! The doc said I have kidney stone making kidneys! NO BUENO! Be good lil kidneys! Stay strong!



No comments:
Post a Comment