The weekend after my moms birthday we planned a surprise party for her to lift her spirits a little. But plans got interrupted when we learned we could do Grandpa D's temple work that weekend. We twerked a few things and planned moms party for sunday morning after a big day at the temple Saturday.
Many of us kids were there and we had a very special day in the temple doing all of grandpas temple ordinances in the Mt. Timp temple. We broke for lunch at a park across the street and just relaxed.
We went back for his endowment and I felt really over come by the spirit. Just knowing everything would work out and be ok. I have faith he accepted what was done for him. We broke again for dinner and of course ate a huge spaghetti dinner at Bens. Then headed back to the temple for the sealings. THAT was so special. I loved seeing my grandparents sealed and then all the kids at once sealed to them.
We were at the temple from 9am-9pm! It was a long day,but I can't think of many better ways to spend a long day. We took a picture wearing peach cancer ribbons for my cousin Amy who was diagnosed with uterine cancer to show our support for her. I'm sure grateful for this big Italian family and all the love we share!
The next morning we got up early, knowing mom would be exhausted and finished the party planning and decorating! She woke up to a follow the spiders sign and had to go through the 9 3/4 platform up the stairs to find all these Harry Potter creatures in my house!


Dad was Hagrid! I was glad he was willing to get involved!

The gang!
We had a snake breakfast sandwich with fruit broom kabobs and donut kabobs. Taylor made chocolate frogs and funny HP cupcakes.
We then had a few games and Jordan and Taylor announced that they are EXPECTING!!!!!!

We went to church and then came home to cake! And more games. We even played the Bertie bot game. YUCK!
Then it was time for gifts! We all got her harry potter themed gifts and she seemed to really enjoy them all!
Mom had been feeling a little down with all thats happened the last year, losing her dad, and so I was thrilled when my brother presented me with this idea. I thought it was perfect timing and a fun way to show her just how loved she is. I love my mom and am grateful every day for the way I was raised and the things she has taught me. LOVE YOU MAMMA!
































No comments:
Post a Comment